Thank you for registering to attend the BBA’s 37th Annual Retreat at Ocean Reef. We are so excited to see you again in person.
To that point, the BBA is doing our best to create a safe and welcoming environment for our attendees and their guests to discuss novel issues of law and get reacquainted with each other. We are very pleased that pushing back the Retreat only six weeks has enabled the world to open up in a way we could have only dreamed of some four months ago when we made the decision. Vaccines are now widely available and effective. Mask mandates have been lifted outdoors. Businesses and courts are reopening. And some sense of normalcy is returning.
Given the drastic change in circumstances (for the better), the BBA has slightly revised its protocol for the weekend. We are still planning on having all events outside (weather permitting) and we are still requiring all attendees and their guests to be either fully vaccinated or to have received a negative PCR test within 48 hours of arrival at the Retreat. The BBA is relying on the integrity of our BBA community to uphold this requirement and will therefore require each attendee and their guest at any BBA sanctioned event to self-certify using this form; submission of proof is no longer required. Ocean Reef continues to revise their protocol and we encourage you to review their latest information: https://www.oceanreef.com/coronavirus/.
If you have any questions about the form or concerns about the revised protocol, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. In these dynamic times, your health and safety remain our top priority. The BBA wants to make sure that each attendee is informed and comfortable participating. If not, let’s talk.
Looking forward to a great Retreat and seeing so many friendly faces outside of a Zoom box.
Ocean Reef Club
Ocean Reef Club is following its own COVID protocols – we encourage you to check
the hotel website for specifics. https://www.oceanreef.com/coronavirus/
At the BBA Retreat
- Proof of vaccination OR negative PCR test result within 48 hours required.
- Masks are required inside.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at locations around the event space.
- Weather permitting, events will take place outside.
- Any buffets will be attended and served by Ocean Reef staff.
- There will be sufficient spacing within the general sessions and seminar rooms.
These protocols are subject to change in accordance with CDC updated guidelines.
We ask that all attendees act with personal responsibility including
- not attending if you are experiencing symptoms,
- respecting personal space and distance during the Retreat,
- following Ocean Reef guidelines, and
- wearing a mask at all times while indoors in public spaces.
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION:
While participating in events held or sponsored by the Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida (“BBA”) current CDC guidelines must be followed at all times to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19. Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, the BBA has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, the BBA cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.
In light of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who are currently or within the past fourteen (14) days experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath among others, should not engage in BBA events and/or other face to face activities. By attending an BBA event, you certify that you currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have not experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath among others.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. By registering for the BBA event, you acknowledge and understand the following:
1. Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the BBA; and
3. I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm and loss associated with the event, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the BBA.